Saturday, January 14, 2012

The many faces of Father Robert Elias Barcelos

One of my favorite models has been our Carmelite Priest Father Robert, a pastor at St Therese catholic church in Alhambra Calif for the past 3 years. (He was resigned to Tuscon .Arizona) What first struck me the first time I saw him ,was a powerful spirituality in his presence..his face and manner said it all. Only 33,he had an amazing ,fiery, charismatic ministry.. and became loved by all. His ministry makes one aware of the wonderful presence of Jesus and Mary in our lives as well as the ever present danger of Satan. Her was very big on the ministry of Spiritual Warfare..our defenses against Evil.by use of our Sacraments,The Mass ,Holy Rosary. as we live our lives by the Holy Bible. The last painting ,which I am finishing up is the theme of spiritual warfare. Father himself is a fine artist(I will try and download his artwork when I find it) He has a masters in Art as well.











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! ! I love Father Robert! I can't wait to see your work on Father Thomaso!

    ReplyDelete