Monday, October 22, 2012

The Lord Children Family

I am currently at work on a portrait of The Richard and Sean Lord Children. As I worked on different poses of the children I came up with this pose because it is so characteristic of what children are like when you ask them to pose. They cannot stay still for a moment. They become "squirmy and impatient"  I especially like the little girl on he right because she adds movement to the painting!   Painting Children have always been a favorite of mine and I usually paint them being  in an active or narrative pose. If they just :sit: in a painting, I think some of their personality and charm is somehow "missed".  Also, as in most of my portraits, there is a story involved. In this case, it is the heritage of the children who have an Asian and Western life style.  So I put in the costumes that they  occasionally wear for Celebrations  in their family ..it added a lot of beauty..as for the tiny American flag..it symbolized Dads heritage and that they are an American Family. 






No comments:

Post a Comment