Monday, October 24, 2016

Saint Elizabeth of The Trinity OCD - Newest Painting - Oil 24x30

My latest commission is a portrait of the French Carmelite Nun, Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity ,who will be Canonized tomorrow in Rome. She wrote many Spiritual writings and after taking her final vows developed Addison's disease, which at the time had no cure. A painful ,slow death followed, yet she accepted her suffering as "Gods Will". She died at the age of 26.  This painting will participate  in celebration at St Therese Catholic Church in Alhambra, on November 6th. It will be a special Thanksgiving Mass, celebrating her Canonization ,along with 5 other saints, in Rome this October. Celebrant will be Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles ,who will bless the painting.  This event will be televised live by EWTN.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Belita, I'd like to obtain a license to use this image in my Carmelite social media apostolate. I would not alter the image, I would simply use it more as illustration. I have used images from Natalie Ewert in the past, and she added a prominent copyright watermark so that anyone on a social media platform who decided to download the image would automatically download the watermark.

    Please contact me and let's discuss. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,very sorry for a late response..I didn't chick this site..please use belart@gmail .com yes ,let me know more on my e mail. I would be happy to accomidate you with this painting. let me know how this is done..Best belita

    ReplyDelete